Friday 26 September 2014

Beate Gutschow (Taste of Digbeth)


                          Beate Gutschow





Beate Gutschow studied art at the University of Fine Arts of Hamburg from 1993 to 2000, and at the Oslo National Academy of the Arts in 1998.

Beate Gutschow was a guest professor from 2009 to 2010.
Her work concentrates on the relationship between photographic representation and reality.
She also investigates how our visual perception is informed and convinced by knowledge of other images.

First series
In her first series which was called ls series which stands for landscape she used photographic means to reconstruct depictions of landscape in 17th and 18th century paintings.


This image here is one of Beate Gutschow's and is quiet dull looking and isolated with no colour. this image also uses the rule of space.
This image here is one of my images taken by inspiration of Beate Gutschow and in this image I have made my image quiet dull like hers and have the base of the bridge but my picture isn't quiet so isolated as gutschow's.
This is another one of my images but improved from the last one ( still in the inspiration if Beate Gutschow) but with this one I have made it more isolated like hers which I think has met the target of comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment